SCOPE OF WORK:
- The Waikato Expressway will provide 102km of continuous, divided, four-lane highway including 12km of new or upgraded links, and a new bridge over the Waikato River.
- The Expressway will reduce the travelling distance of State Highway 1 by 6km.
- TROW Group is engaging with Tainui to support local iwi into employment opportunities.
North of Hamilton.
- Travel times between Auckland and Tirau will be reduced by 35 minutes.
- An anticipated reduction in the number of fatal and serious injury vehicle accidents.
- Increased highway capacity, reduction in congestion and supportive of economic growth.
Start: January 2009
Finish: December 2021