Project Description/Scope of Work
Pier Support structure require as part of the NZTA enabling work to allow for the extension of the Northbound Greenlane off ramp.
The scope includes building of new pier structure and removal of the two existing column.
The Ellerslie Pier Support is located on Main Highway over SH1.
Project challenges to date:
• Working at height next to live 25KV Rail overhead cable
• Timing of work including material delivery while Rail is still on service and traffic on State Highway 1.
• Load transferring from the old column into the new pier structure while SH1 traffic and Main Highway Traffic is still live.
Positive change make to Project:
• Site supervisor and Engineer working alongside JV-Rail Project Manager putting construction methodology to minimise disruptions to SH1 users and Rail commuter.
• Working directly with client program milestones/budget.
Client: Fulton Hogan John Holland Joint Venture (JV-Rail)
Site Management: Kelvin Louie
Contract Type: Construct Only
Start: November 2013
Finish: August 2014