Project Description/Scope of Work
TBS Farnsworth as the head contractor managed the capacity assessment, (carried out by OPUS) with consideration to increased axel loading. Strengthening to the 262m long 79m high trestle pier, truss viaduct was carried out which is located at the foot of Mt Ruapehu in a national park.
TROW Group Members Involvement
Lee Stewart was the Project Manager for TBS Farnsworth on this project and has since joined TROW Group. Part of the labour element provided to the project was through Pathways JV, which is a affiliate company of TROW Group.
Scope of work
Provide labour to assist in the above described works. TBS
Farnsworth managed the contract, which was under live rail conditions
in a challenging climate with snow for many months of the year.
• Harsh weather conditions
• Live rail with freight in NIMT
• Remote location for materials
• Post tensioning and strengthening unable to be done under live load from train movements.
• Severe section loss in existing members requiring substantial replacement.
Positive changes made to Project:
• Construction driven design saving client substantial time and cost. With particular note to water proofing deck for encapsulation.
Location: 10min from National Park
Client: TBS Farnsworth
Contract Procurement: Agreed Rates
Management: Joe Vagana
Contract Type: Labour hire
Start: June 2014
Finish: May 2015 (labour was employed direct)
Auckland Transport Platform UpgradeRead More
Makatote Viaduct BridgeRead More
The Waikato ExpresswayRead More
North West Urban MaintenanceRead More
PATHWAYS Joint VentureRead More
Auckland Electrification ProjectRead More
Large Plant, Equipment & Mechanical Support SupplyRead More
Ellerslie Highway Main Highway connection Stage 2 Pier Support StructureRead More